Guidelines for Undergraduate Poster Presentations at Virtual CAMWS 2020
1. The undergraduate poster session to be held during Virtual CAMWS 2020 will be conducted via Zoom.
2. For each poster the presenter(s) should prepare an “elevator talk” lasting no longer than five minutes. The talk should include a brief description or explanation of the poster and a summary of its main points or arguments.
3. There are two options for the elevator talk: the presenter(s) may choose to deliver it live or to prerecord it. For a live presentation we recommend speaking with a digital copy of the poster displayed on a shared screen. For a prerecording we recommend using Screencastify or Screencast-O-Matic; both are free screen-recorders.
4. Immediately after the elevator talk the presenter(s) will have five minutes to respond to questions from the audience. The discussion will be moderated by Sherwin Little, Executive Director of the American Classical League.
5. The undergraduate poster prize will be determined on the basis of the following criteria: (1) quality of research; (2) familiarity with recent scholarship; (3) creativity and organizational skill; (4) clarity and effectiveness of the elevator talk; (5) quick-wittedness and poise in responding to questions from the audience.