We are seeking graduate students enthusiastic about CAMWS to serve on the Graduate Student Issues Committee. If you have specific ideas for reaching out to graduate students during the year to increase membership, are eager to organize social events at the annual meeting, would enjoy putting together the yearly panel for grad students, and/or would like to communicate the actions of GSIC via our web page or short pieces in the CAMWS Newsletter, you should apply to be a member of GSIC.
Duties of the GSIC
- Organize a session at the annual meeting geared toward the edification and professional development of graduate students in attendance.
- Arrange social events for students attending the annual meeting.
- Promote CAMWS to graduate students.
- Write a short article on GSIC for each CAMWS Newsletter.
- Solicit and accept feedback from graduate students about what CAMWS is doing well for them and what more it could provide.
- Communicate with CAMWS officials, both at the annual meeting and at points throughout the year, regarding graduate students' feelings about the annual meeting and the role of CAMWS in students' lives outside of the meeting.
- Take part in instituting recommended innovations.
- Maintain our web page with the latest material available.
- Choose members of the next GSIC.
- Adapt to the changes in responsibilities that may come as the GSIC evolves.
Benefits are as follows:
- Meet and work with other motivated graduate students to complete professional projects.
- Get to know prominent faculty members in the CAMWS community.
- Interact with numerous other graduate students as an advocate for their concerns.
- Bolster your CV.
To apply: send a letter (of no more than 350 words) as a Word attachment to email@example.com that includes the following information:
Your graduate institution
Your stage in your graduate program
The number of times you have attended the annual meeting of CAMWS
Why you would be interested in taking on the committee position, and why you think you are qualified to do so.
Deadline for application: Ongoing.
Term of Service: For the sake of continuity, the term of service should be at least two years, but the Committee also welcomes help on a short-term basis, especially in preparing for the coming conference.