Welcome to CAMWS
113TH ANNUAL CAMWS MEETING
- a special plenary panel on Wednesday evening entitled Grace Harriet Macurdy (1866-1946) and Her Impact on the Study of Women's History followed by a reception sponsored by the Women's Classical Caucus
- a plenary lecture on Thursday evening entitled “Playing With Time: Anachronism in Ancient Literature” by Peter Bing of University of Waterloo, sponsored by the Waterloo Institute for Hellenistic Studies
- a Presidential panel on Ovid and Virgil
- an address on Virgilian ecphrasis by CAMWS President Alden Smith at the Friday evening banquet
- Orator Jim May’s memorable ovationes
- Optional Saturday-Afternoon Excursions to experience the special flavors of southern Ontario (There are no Saturday afternoon paper sessions this year.)
- A GSIC panel on Finding a Job with a Graduate Degree in Classics
- A CPL panel on Testing Classical Languages and Culture in the 21st Century
- Fourteen Round-Table Discussions on topics like increasing diversity among Classics students, testing and assessment ancient Greek and Surviving and Thriving as a Small Classics Program
- GSIC Workshop on Understanding Graduate Student Needs on Campus and Beyond
- CPL Workshop on Students as Advocates
- and much, much more.
For travel and hotel information or to register for the meeting, go to CAMWS Meeting2017.
Please see this proposed new dues structure which will be on the agenda of the Business Meeting in Kitchener on April 8, 2017.
Featured CAMWS Member
|CAMWS congratulates Mackenzie Davis of Monmouth College in Illinois as a recipient of the 2016 CAMWS Excavation/Fieldschool Award. Featured March, 2017|
CAMWS welcomes your comments and suggestions about this website. Please send them to email@example.com.