Welcome to CAMWS
113TH ANNUAL CAMWS MEETING
- a special plenary panel on Wednesday evening entitled Grace Harriet Macurdy (1866-1946) and Her Impact on the Study of Women's History followed by a reception sponsored by the Women's Classical Caucus
- a plenary lecture on Thursday evening entitled “Playing With Time: Anachronism in Ancient Literature” by Peter Bing of University of Waterloo, sponsored by the Waterloo Institute for Hellenistic Studies
- a Presidential panel on Ovid and Virgil
- an address on Virgilian ecphrasis by CAMWS President Alden Smith at the Friday evening banquet
- Orator Jim May’s memorable ovationes
- Optional Saturday-Afternoon Excursions to experience the special flavors of southern Ontario (There are no Saturday afternoon paper sessions this year.)
- A GSIC panel on Finding a Job with a Graduate Degree in Classics
- A CPL panel on Testing Classical Languages and Culture in the 21st Century
- Fourteen Round-Table Discussions on topics like increasing diversity among Classics students, testing and assessment ancient Greek and Surviving and Thriving as a Small Classics Program
- GSIC Workshop on Understanding Graduate Student Needs on Campus and Beyond
- CPL Workshop on Students as Advocates
- and much, much more.
For travel and hotel information or to register for the meeting, go to CAMWS Meeting2017.
Featured CAMWS Member
|CAMWS congratulates Patricia Craig of the Catholic University of America as a recipient of the 2016 CAMWS Excavation/Fieldschool Award.|
CAMWS welcomes your comments and suggestions about this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.