The Classical Association of the Middle West and South is an organization for Classics (Latin and Greek) teachers at all levels, undergraduate and graduate students, and anyone else who enjoys learning about the world of classical antiquity. While the geographic range of CAMWS includes 32 U.S. states and 3 Canadian provinces, the organization welcomes members from anywhere in the world. An individual subscriber to The Classical Journal is automatically a member of CAMWS.
The legal name of CAMWS is the Classical Assn. of the Middle West and South.
CAMWS is a member of the Society for Classical Studies, the National Humanities Alliance and the International Federation of Associations of Classical Studies (FIEC).
For more information about CAMWS please click on the links below.
- Home Page
- Mission Statement
- CAMWS Manual of Job Descriptions
- Committee Charters
- Policy on Public Statements
- Statement on CAMWS and Political Involvement
- CAMWS Policy on Professional Ethics and Code of Conduct
- CAMWS CPLG and Vice-Presidents' Handbook
- Policy on Affiliated Groups
- CAMWS Logos
- CAMWS Memorabilia
- Presidential Portrait Gallery
- Regional Structure
- Southern Section
- Some Useful CAMWS Email Addresses
- Why Join CAMWS?
- Why Give to CAMWS?
- Why Study Classics?