SUGGESTED CRITERIA FOR REVIEWING CPL FUND REQUESTS
As a State/Provincial or Regional Vice-President, it may help to consider these criteria when submitting requests.
- The CPL budget usually averages between $100 and $250 per state or province.
- If this were the ONLY request you could approve to promote Latin in your area this year, is this how you would spend it?
- From time to time CPL may develop a special focus or objective for the year.
- Does this request help CPL to reach that objective?
- One of the primary purposes of CPL is to start new Latin programs and to expand those programs which that already exist.
- Does this request help CPL to reach these goals?
- Sometimes, it is better to fund a few large projects than a lot of small ones. Large projects attract more attention and may inspire Latin teachers in other areas.
- How many people will be aware of this project and how much good will it accomplish?
- It is often better to fund activities that will have a lasting impact or which will produce re-usable materials. An activity which that will take place only once and not have much effect is probably not the best use of CPL funds.
- Would this request produce any lasting benefit for Latin in your area?
- Seed money for new initiatives should have higher priority than annual requests. In general, CPL should not be looked upon as a regular source of funding, but should provide an initiative for a new project.
- Have other sources of funding been sought for this activity?