Jump to navigation
Why Should I Join CAMWS?
- CAMWS offers the Grant, Semple and Benario Scholarships which elementary and secondary teachers may use for study at the American Academy in Rome or the American School of Classical Studies in Athens
- CAMWS awards Manson A. Stewart Training and Travel Awards for teachers who are seeking certification in Latin or teachers who are attending their first CAMWS meeting and/or who could not otherwise attend.
- CAMWS awards Manson Stewart Scholarships to undergraduate students at a CAMWS college or university who wish to study and/or major in Latin and/or Greek
- CAMWS offers the School Awards scholarships to high school students who excel on a competitive Latin translation exam
- CAMWS presents the Kraft and CAMWS Teaching Awards which recognize outstanding achievement in the teaching at the secondary and college levels.
- CAMWS sponsors the Committee for the Promotion of Latin which helps teachers pay for activities, events and publications designed to enhance or expand their programs
- CAMWS membership includes a subscription to The Classical Journal, a unique mixture of pedagogy and the current scholarship in the classics
- CAMWS members receive the CAMWS Newsletter, a timely summary of what is going on in the field of classical studies, including notices of scholarships, opportunities for study, meetings, and funding sources
- CAMWS meetings include both scholarly and pedagogical papers, as well as workshops, receptions, banquets, illustrated lectures, and excursions . . . and they are among the friendliest and most stimulating conferences you'll ever attend!
- CAMWS also provides promotional material, free of charge, to its members who wish to expand their Latin programs or to start new programs.