The Committee’s purpose is to encourage and support all activities that promote the study of Classics, and of Latin in particular, in- and outside of the schools. Its principal role is to increase awareness, at each educational level, of our Classics community by offering (1) funding opportunities for promotional activities in the schools, (2) help for Latin- / Classics programs in crisis, and (3) an ongoing conversation (e.g., via CPL panels and workshops at the annual meeting) about how the study of Latin can be promoted best in the field of education.
The chair of the Committee for the Promotion of Latin, can be reached at email@example.com.
- Promotional Flyer about the CPL
- CPL News
- Apply for CPL Funds
- Previous Recipients of CPL Funding
- CPL Award for Outstanding Promotional Activity in the Schools
- Materials useful for Promoting Latin & Classics
- Help for Programs in Crisis or Near Crisis
- Annual Regional Reports
- History of CPL
- CPL Outstanding Vice President Awards
- Guidance for CAMWS Vice-Presidents (CAMWS handbook)
- CAMWS Travel Grant for High School Groups
Much of the material on these pages comes from earlier versions of the CPL website created by previous CPL Chairs Tom Sienkewicz and Ginny Lindzey. Tom Sienkewicz continues to maintain this useful site; Keely Lake is the webmaster of www.promotelatin.org.